Friday, September 4, 2015

A Bicycle Built for Two

Noteflight score: 
https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/526b69c5c5cc797dba63679c94ec281f94d35c77

This wasn't my first time using Noteflight. I actually don't know how I found out about the website, but I've been using it for the past few years (usually just for transposing or arranging something). However, last year I had 5th grade students write their own boomwhacker composition and after they had hand-written their composition I went and typed each one up and printed them a copy. 

Since this wasn't my first time using the program, I was able to input all of the notes rather quickly (subbing the violin for the voice). I was actually surprised at how fast it went without having a handy usb keyboard. Some things that I discovered with the program from this project was the ability to input chords and also how to add dynamics (I know that sounds silly, but I really hadn't dealt with adding dynamics in any of my other Noteflight experiences). Overall, I really like this program. It is a bummer that you have to upgrade for certain features, but for a web-based notation software I am more than happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment