Sunday, October 11, 2015

Module 7 Reflection

I honestly can't believe that this was the final full week of the course. This module has done a lot for me in terms of showing me how to use Google to my advantage.

I found that creating a quiz via the google forms template was easy and practical for older students. I could definitely see myself using this to give a quiz in my history of rock/pop class. Since there's also the option of using open-ended questions, I could also use this for homework assignments with students. I have an issue with attendance on quiz/test days in my high school class and I feel like this could be a great way to administer a make-up quiz/test. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to add music clips to the form.

I'm already using powerpoint for my lessons, but I noticed that the google slides application allows you to put youtube videos directly into your presentations. This is great for me because I use a lot of youtube and I usually have to set up my videos ahead of time in order to bypass the advertisements. The fact that I'd be saving these lessons on the cloud is also helpful; I'd be able to work on my lessons from any location.

Creating a newsletter is not something I've ever done before. Mainly because I don't usually have a lot of information to convey to families - except around concert time and when we place our order for recorders in the Fall. However, I think parents might be excited to have the opportunity to read about what their students are learning in music class. When I created the newsletter for this week's assignment, I actually made it with factual information that I could send to parents if I wanted to.

Exploring all of these offerings from Google has made me interested in starting my own classroom website. Since I'm using google sites for my WebQuest, I'm taking this time to explore how user-friendly it is. I'm hoping that I can use some free time (whenever that will be) to create a website for parents and students to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment